Personal information collected by FAG
Personal information collected
7FAG collects personal information to provide you with 7FAG’s Services. When 7FAG requires specific personal information from users, it is because such information is relevant for certain purposes. Any information you provide to 7FAG that is not required is voluntary.
For example, 7FAG collects personal information when you use or request information about 7FAG’s Services, subscribe to marketing communications, request support, complete surveys, or sign up for a 7FAG event or webinar. 7FAG may also collect personal information from you offline, such as when you attend one of 7FAG’s events, or when you contact your relationship manager. 7FAG may use this information in combination with other information 7FAG collects about you.
You are free to choose whether to provide 7FAG with the types of personal information described below, but 7FAGmay not be able to serve you as effectively, or offer you some or all of 7FAG’s Services, when you choose not to share certain information with 7FAG.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information 7FAG collects and how 7FAG may use it:
- When you become a Client of 7FAG (or its subsidiaries, respectively), 7FAG, or 7FAG’s external service provider(s) may collect personal information. The following information may be collected: your name, date of birth, driver number, personal ID or passport, address, phone, email, full bank account details, tax or corporate identification number, company legal status, information that 7FAG needs for establishing the controlling person of operating legal entities and partnerships or regarding the identity of the beneficial owner of non-operating entities or information regarding individuals with signatory powers (first and last name, address, email, curriculum vitae), or authorized traders (first and last name, nationality, date of birth, etc.). 7FAG will use this information to fulfil your requests and provide the relevant Services.
- Whenever you contact 7FAG or respond to 7FAG’s communications (e.g., email, telephone, in writing), 7FAG will receive your contact information and any other personal information you choose to provide 7FAG. 7FAG will use such information to fulfil your requests or to provide Services.
How personal information is used
7FAG’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. In general, 7FAG uses personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve 7FAG’s Services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. Examples of how 7FAG may use this information include:
- To provide you with 7FAG Services and the client support that you request.
- To process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- To verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
- To send administrative or account-related information to you.
- To better understand 7FAG’s clients and the way they use and interact with 7AG-owned and/or 7FAG-operated websites and Services.
- To provide a personalized experience, and to implement the preferences that you request.
- To customize, measure, and improve 7FAG and the content and layout of 7FAG’s website and applications.
- To enhance security, prevent fraud, monitor and verify identity or service access, and to combat spam or other malware or security risks.
- To deliver marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- To communicate with you about 7FAG’s events and/or 7FAG’s partner events.
- To prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of 7FAG’s posted user terms.
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To enforce 7FAG’s agreements with third parties.
- For quality control and staff training.
7FAG will not use your personal information for purposes other than those 7FAG has disclosed to you without your permission. From time to time, 7FAG may request your permission to allow 7FAG to share your personal information with third parties. You may choose not to have your personal information shared with third parties where 7FAG relies on consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal information. You may also choose not to allow 7FAG to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which 7FAG originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to limit the use of your personal information, certain features or 7FAG Services may not be available to you.
Information from 3rd party sources
From time to time, 7FAG may obtain information about you from third party sources as permitted by applicable law, such as public databases and ID verification partners: 7FAG obtains information about you from public databases and ID verification partners for purposes of verifying your identity. ID verification partners use a combination of government records and publically available information about you to verify your identity. Such information includes your name, address, job role, public employment profile, credit history, status on any sanctions lists maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data. The legal basis for such processing is to comply with 7FAG’s legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering laws. In some cases, 7FAG may process additional data about you based on public interest grounds to ensure 7FAG’s Services are not used fraudulently or for other illicit activities.
7FAG also processes such information to provide support to you as part of 7FAG’s contractual obligations to you. Lastly, 7FAG processes such information in the public interest because it helps 7FAG monitor, prevent, and detect fraud.
Collection and use of information collected automatically
7FAG receives and stores certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Sites or use the Services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly, but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier.
For example, 7FAG automatically receives and records information on 7FAG’s server logs from your browser, including how you came to and used the Services; your IP address; device type and unique device identification numbers, device event information (such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL), broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location), and other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser. 7FAG may also collect information about how your device has interacted with 7FAG’s website, including pages accessed and links clicked. 7FAG may use identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the website via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site.
How 7FAG protects and stores personal information
7FAG understands how important your privacy is, which is why 7FAG maintains (and requires its service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to 7FAG.
7FAG may store and process all or part of your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, in Switzerland, and elsewhere in the world, where 7FAG’s service providers are located. 7FAG protects your personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
For example, 7FAG uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, 7FAG enforces physical access controls to 7FAG’s buildings and files, and 7FAG authorizes access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
However, 7FAG cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. Please recognise that you play a vital role in protecting your own personal information. When registering with 7FAG’s Services, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any third parties, and to notify 7FAG immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account.
How 7FAG protects stores personal information
7FAG takes care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. 7FAG will never sell or rent your personal information. 7FAG will only share your data in the following circumstances:
- 7FAG may share your information with service providers under contract who help with parts of 7FAG’s business operations such as marketing and technology services. 7FAG’s contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for 7FAG, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else.
- 7FAG shares your information with financial institutions with which 7FAG partners to process payments you have authorized.
- 7FAG may share your information with any third parties where required to do so by applicable law or any court or other authority to which 7FAG is subject in any jurisdiction; or 7FAG believes in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the 7FAG Agreements and any other applicable policies.
- 7FAG may share your information with other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
How 7FAG shares personal information with other parties
You are entitled to review, correct, or amend your personal information, or to delete that information where it is inaccurate. You may do this by contacting your relationship manager. However, this right is limited where personal information is needed for regulatory purposes.
Rights in relation to the use of your personal information
You have a right of access to the personal information that 7FAG holds about you under the Federal Act on Data Protection (and the General Data Protection Regulation) and to some related information. You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
You can object to 7FAG’s use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time, and you may have the right to object to 7FAG’s processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact 7FAG as set out below.
Retention of personal information
7FAG will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of 7FAG’s business relationship with you, to perform 7FAG’s contractual obligations to you, or if longer, as required for legal and regulatory purposes.
7FAG has established internal policies for the deletion of data from client accounts following termination of a client’s subscription to a Service.
How to contact us